Nowadays every penny counts, that’s why you need to make your hard earned cash work just as hard as you do!
Here are a few hints and tips from the team at Sheffield Mutual…
Tony Burdin: Chief Executive
- Use all your tax-free savings allowances.
- Many cash deposits are losing money when compared with inflation – consider investing money you don’t need in products that offer higher potential returns, such as Investment ISAs and Investment Bonds.
- Shop around each year for your house and car insurance – even if staying with the same company, do a quote online as a new customer of the same company and ask them to match it.
- If buying goods online, put the item in your basket for a couple of days and see if the firm sends you a discount code offer.
- Save money on dental treatment and spectacles by becoming a member of Sheffield Mutual!
- Turn radiators off or turn the thermostat down in rooms you’re not using.
Jamie Bellamy: Finance Director
Whatever you’re doing, always put the research in, to make sure you’ve got the best possible deal.
Curtis Parker: Client Relationship Officer
Dry January / February a great cost cutting exercise and good for the body too!
Dawn Gregory: Business Development Manager
Thinking of buying a new car? The new vehicle tax rates come into force April 1st 2017 – could you save money if you bought now?
Sue Squires: Office Manager
Never spend more than you can afford.
Never pay credit card charges by always paying your credit card bill off in full each month.
Sharon Pursley: Finance Officer
Shop early or later to get the sticker bargains
Always shop around and do your research
Lewis Kerry:- Financial Reporting Officer
Go through your bank statements and look for things that you bought/spent money on that you didn’t need to. For example; mine was expensive coffee’s. Only a couple of pounds each time, but it soon adds up!
Leave your wallet/purse at home so someone else has to pay!
Debra Roberts: Member Services Officer
Make packed lunches rather than buying pre-pack sandwiches from supermarkets or mobile catering vans.
Andrew Bonner : Member Services Administrator
Try things yourself first before getting in the professionals. You may be surprised with how you do.
Melissa Perry : Member Services Administrator
When ordering online, to save paying for delivery, pick up at store or a local pick-up point.