This year the Society has funds available for donations to smaller local charities, community groups and voluntary organisations from the Sheffield Mutual Community Fund. Sheffield Mutual started a community fund back in 2014 and they have helped 44 charities/community groups and good causes so far donating nearly £15,000.
Know a charity / community group or good cause that could benefit from a donation from our community fund?
Download complete and return the simple form below to request a donation. Requests must be in line with our Donations Policy as outlined below.
COMMUNITY FUND APPLICATION FORM (391.4K, .PDF)
In addition to supporting our staff chosen charity as outlined above, further donations up to £1,000 may be awarded to local charities, community, and voluntary and self-help groups in line with the following criteria:
- it must address a community issue or need
- it must come from South Yorkshire or from elsewhere if nominated by an existing member of the Society
- priority will be given to projects or initiatives aimed at relieving hardship, poverty or suffering
- recipient charities and good causes will be required to use their best endeavours to promote the Mutual Friends scheme and must agree to participate in publicity photos etc. if required
All applications will be considered by a selection panel made up of staff and committee members. The panel’s decision will be final.
There are a few standard exclusions to be aware of:
- Donations will not be made to individuals, companies, political parties or religious groups (unless the project will benefit the wider community)
- Donations are not normally available for the benefit of overseas communities
- Donations are not normally available to cover general running costs, but must be for specific projects, initiatives, services, facilities or equipment
- Donations are not available for statutory services, such as libraries and hospitals
- Charities or groups who have received a donation within the last 12 months should not apply